Following is a summary of council actions taken at the October 1 regular legislative and October 10 special legislative sessions. Absences, abstentions, and opposing votes are noted.
Regular Legislative Session
October 1, 2001
- Approved six-foot fence request at 4906 Riverdale Road, Ward 2. Approval is dependent upon acceptance of regular inspections at the request of the Town upon appropriate notification.
- Motion passed to accept streets and sidewalks in Madison Hill, Ward 2.
- Motion passed to adopt Guidelines for the Publication of the Town Crier (version two). CM Tiberio voted in opposition.
- Motion passed to establish a Spanish page for the Town Crier.
- Motion passed for Street Parking Legislation. The legislation is to expand distance between parked vehicles and driveways into commercial vehicles properties.
- Motion passed to change meeting times for Legislative and Work Sessions from 8:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. CM Scott and Tiberio voted in opposition. Change is to take effect at the October 29 Work Session.
Special Legislative Session
October 10, 2001
- Employees may donate annual or sick leave to any other employee who has exhausted or will exhaust their leave due to an extended period of absence.
- Extension of time from December 31 until June 30 for employees to take any vacation carryover.