Council Actions for August 2001
Following is a summary of council actions taken at the July 2 regular legislative session and June 28 special legislative session. Absences, abstentions and opposing votes are noted.
Regular Legislative Session July 2, 2001
(CM Almirez absent)
1. Approved closure of 6200 Block of 43rd Street for a block party on July 21 from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.--with a rain date of July 28.
2. Approved reimbursement for Madison Hill Homeowners Association for landscaping.
3. Approved motion to hire a structural engineer to assess the condition of the Town Center properties.
4. Tabled motion to discontinue delivery of free paper bags to residents of the town until August 6 regular legislative session.
5. Appointed Recreation Board members:
Special Legislative Session June 28, 2001
(CM Feldberg absent)
1. Approved the selection of Mercantile Institutional Investment Management Group as the investment manager for the town's defined benefit plan.
2. Approved suspension of requirement under subsection 623 for actuarial selection for the town's defined benefit plan.
3. Approved amendments to the FY 00-01 Operating Budget.
This page was last changed on Friday, September 7, 2001. Questions, comments, or submissions? See the Website Committee web page. This page has been accessed 4931 times.