Following is a summary of council actions taken at the November 5 regular legislative and October 29 special legislative sessions. Absences, abstentions, and opposing votes are noted.
Regular Legislative Session
November 5, 2001
- Motion passed to approve two-way traffic on 54th Avenue with a stop sign at the eastbound section of 54th Avenue prior to the intersection of Quesada and 54th Avenue.
- Motion passed to proceed with the application process for the National Historic Designation.
- Motion passed to award the Alamo Mexican Restaurant's dance permit request for a
6 month period with restrictions. Passed 4 to 2 with CM Almirez and Davis opposed.
- Motion that the Mayor and Council support the Governor regarding an inner beltway light rail line (Metro's purple line) was tabled until December 3 legislative session.
- Motion passed appointing Wendell Davis, Powhatan Road, Ward 6 and at-large appointment of Ann Marie Larsen, Queensbury Road, to the Riverdale Park Recreation Board.
Special Legislative Session
October 29, 2001
- VMP Construction was approved to do apron improvements for 57th Avenue and Somerset.