Following is a summary of council actions taken at the February 4 regular legislative session. Absences, abstentions, and opposing votes are noted.
Regular Legislative Session
February 4, 2002
(CM Blaschke absent)
- Approved Resolution 2001-OR-3--An Ordinance to amend section 64-18 of the Ordinance Code of the Town of Riverdale Park to impound vehicles within the jurisdiction with two or more parking violations that have been outstanding for greater than thirty days.
- Approved granting Doug and Susan McElrath the authority to accept items for the town archives.
- Approved donation form to be used by the McElrath's for town archives.
- Tabled the matter of the Town Center restrictive covenants until the February 19 meeting.
- Created a handicap parking space at 4812 Riverdale Road.
- Approved the latest formation of the DHCD contract to receive the $300,000 Community Legacy Grant awarded to the town.
- Approved allowing the Mayor to execute WSSC agreement and any modifications by WSSC unless the modifications contravene or go against the draft agreement, concerning replacement, or furnishing the town with $468,000 to cover damages to streets caused by the water relining project.