Following is a summary of council actions taken at the March 4 regular legislative session. Absences, abstentions, and opposing votes are noted.
Regular Legislative Session
March 4, 2002
(CM Blaschke and Almirez absent)
- Approved six-foot fence at 4914 Sheridan St. Ward 2.
- Approved six-foot fence at 5908 Riverside Dr. Ward 3.
- Approved requesting an additional PEPCO pole on 47th Ave. (at the terminus of East West Hwy. where it dead ends). Ward 4.
- Tabled motion to change Public Works fee schedule for heavy pick-up and specialty items.
- Passed resolution to encourage School Board to consider removal of the bused grouping back to Seat Pleasant for the 2002-2003 school year in order to alleviate the crowded conditions at Riverdale Elementary and to get out of reconstitution.
- Awarded contract for Public Works building improvements to Santos. Contract not to exceed $62,425 subject to negotiation.
- Approved motion to authorize and negotiate inspection fee to Stottler Stagg & Associates for up to $4,000.
- Conditional approval of Town Center restrictive covenants as amended.