Following is a summary of council actions taken at the May 28 special legislative session and the June 3 regular legislative session. Absences, abstentions, and opposing votes are noted.
Special Legislative Session
May 28, 2002
- Approved motion to defer action on WSSC Phase I Road Improvement until the next regular legislative meeting.
- Approved motion to defer engineering contract for G&C Consultants until next regular legislative meeting.
- Approved cooperation agreement with Prince George's County for Federal Entitlement Period 2002 through 2006.
- Approved paper ballots for Special Election on June 13, 2002.
Regular Legislative Session
June 3, 2002
- Approved six-foot fence at 5901 48th Avenue (Ward 3).
- Approved lot coverage variance request for the county for 4707 Somerset
Road (Ward 1). CM Tiberio abstained.
- Lot coverage variance request for 4906 Tuckerman Street (Ward 2) was deferred until a modified building permit application is received.
- Approved a dance permit extension for the Alamo Restaurant. Motion was approved in accordance with the pervious terms and conditions for a period of six months.
- Approved a one-time permit for El Campesino Restaurant for June 22, 2002 from 10:00 p.m. to 2:30 a.m.
- Award of a WSSC Phase I contract to VMP Construction for $181,835 to complete WSSC Phase I work was tabled until the next Legislative Session.
- Award of an engineering contract to G&C Consultants, Inc. for $27,850 was tabled until the next Legislative Session.
- Adopted Resolution 2002-OR-2
- Appointed Deborah McClellan as an alternate judge for June 13, 2002 Special Election.