Following is a summary of council actions taken at the November 4, 2002 regular legislative session. Absences, abstentions, and opposing votes are noted.
- Approved motion to ask the Historic Preservation Committee to defer action on proposed Riversdale fence until the Town conducts a public hearing, to be held December 2 at 8:00 p.m.
- Approved motion to extend 24-hour operations of the Exxon Tiger Mart on a yearly renewal basis, to commence upon signature of memorandum of understanding between Exxon Tiger Mart and the Town.
- Approved permit for a six-foot privacy fence and car pad, with modifications, for 5327 Greenway.
- Approved waiver of the requirement for a sidewalk on 49th Ave between E-W Hwy and Ravenswood Rd.
- Approved motion to table suspension of the rules to take an amount not to exceed $9,525.40 from the $16,610.28 of the Public Works residual, to suspend the rules and no longer require competitive bidding for the replacement of the overhead doors. Passed 4 2; CM Feldberg and CM Hart opposed.
- Approved curb cut at 4607 Tuckerman, paid for by the Town.
- Approved curb cut and apron at 6308 47th Ave., paid for by the Town.
- Approved motion to move meeting time back to 8:00 pm.
- Approved motion to change the work session date back to the last Monday of the month. Passed 5 1; CM Feldberg opposed. Agreed to hold the next work session on November 18th so proper notice could go out.
- Approved no parking restrictions for Taylor Rd, east side, 2:00-4:00 pm weekdays, from Oglethorpe north to 50 feet south of Riverdale Rd.