Following is a summary of council actions taken at the September 4 regular legislative session and September 6 special legislative session. Absences, abstentions and opposing votes are noted.
Regular Legislative Session
September 4, 2001
(CM Tiberio, Almirez, and Scott absent.)
- Approved extended deadline for structural engineer estimates until September 14.
- Approved resolution for the Town History Center Archives.
- Approved fence request at 5411 Powhatan Rd., Ward 6.
- Approved fence request at 5906 Riverside Dr., Ward 3.
- Approved waiving cleanup invoice for Harrison Ave. lot, Ward 4.
- Reviewed cell tower request by Elks Lodge, Ward 2.
- Tabled until work session discussion of town acceptance of streets and sidewalks in Madison Hill, Ward 2.
- Awarded CDBG PY27 engineering contract to G&C Construction in the amount of $8,000.
- Selection of 6200 block of 44th Ave. as the primary project for CDBG PY28. Alternate projects are 47th Ave., Taylor Rd. and 54th and Patterson.
- Postponed approved of lease purchase agreement on police cruisers.
- Approved modified of the Riverdale Fire Department's lease.
- Approved resolution supporting Anacostia Trails Heritage Area Management Plan.
- Approved Patrick J. Prangley as Town Agent for Service of Process.
- Approved Chris Davis as temporary alternate Ward 4 representative of the Recreation Board.
Special Legislative Session
September 6, 2001
(CM Almirez absent.)
- Approved lease purchase of police cruisers.