Riverdale Park Public Works Dept. will not pickup the following items:
- Tree trunks and stumps
- Tree limbs, bamboo, shrubs - over 2 inches in diameter and 3 feet in length. All other tree limbs, bamboo, shrubs must be tied in bundles not over 15 lbs.
a. Lumber - from demolition or replacement for a structure or component of a structure
b. Roofing material - whole roof or part thereof
c. Plaster, plasterboard and interior tile
- Chain link fence and poles
- Furniture in bulk
- Entire household - all personal property
- Air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers
- Lawnmowers or any other gas powered tool unless gas tank is removed
- Automobiles - including major components such as engine, radiator, fenders, doors, gas tank, etc.
- Dirt, stone, gravel and sod
- Concrete block and brick
- Cement, concrete and bituminous pavement rubble
- Antifreeze and/or oil
- Road material
- Glass - windows, door panels, fish tanks, etc.
- Hazardous materials and/or chemicals
- Place your acceptable household bulky trash out by the curb between sundown on Wednesday and 7 a.m. on Thursday.
- Metal will only be picked up on the third Wednesday of the month (the town
will not accept refrigerators, air conditioners, freezers, or any other appliances with freon).
- Loose trash of any kind that may be scattered must be confined in containers or bundled.
- Trash cans over 35 gallons will not be emptied (due to injuries to employees.)
- Trash cans with loose food and garbage will not be emptied. All cans must use inserts to hold the trash.