Following is a summary of council actions taken at the October 7 regular legislative session. Absences, abstentions, and opposing votes are noted.
Regular Legislative Session
October 7, 2002
CM W. Davis absent.
- Approved waiver of 60 day requirement on demolition permit for RA Construction for 4605 Madison St.
- Approved construction permit for new building at 4605 Madison St. subject to fees consistent with plans.
- Approved waiver of 60 day requirement for demolition permit for Town Center for Douglas Development.
- Approved motion to reject petition presented to Town to bring Resolution 2002-OR-3 to referendum--having failed to have the signatures required by the law. Passed 4-0. CM Feldberg abstained.
- Approved a six-foot fence at 5402 Riverdale Rd. (Ward 6).
- Approved a street light at Somerset Rd. at 49th Ave.: Pole 89412-7327.
- Approved curb cut at 4903 Somerset Rd. The Town to pay for creation of a curb cut and apron.
- Approved financing to purchase two new police cruisers through ABN AMRO for an amount not to exceed $55,000, at 4.9% for a 4-year term.
- Approved motion to recommend approval for NCU certification for 6201 Natoli Pl.
- Approved Halloween trick or treat hours from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Passed 4 - 0. CM Tiberio abstained.
- Approved waiver of competitive bidding request and appropriate up to $10,000 for sidewalk improvements plan.
- Passed motion to approve two-year executive contracts for department heads and Town Administrator after completion of first year of service.
- Approved motion to table discussion of Natoli Pl. traffic patterns.