Council Actions for May 2000
Following is a summary of council actions taken at the April 3, 2000 regular legislative session and April 11 and 13, 2000 special legislative sessions. Absences, abstentions and opposing votes are noted.
Regular Legislative Session April 3, 2000
1. Approved six-foot fence at 5718 Silk Tree Drive (Ward 2).
2. Approved six-foot fence at 5603 Silk Tree Drive (Ward 2).
3. Approved closing of town hall meeting space from July 6 to August 31, 2000 during construction phase for improvements.
4. Approved motion to deny renewal of dance permit for Alamo Restaurant based on public safety concerns. (CMs Herman and Tiberio opposed).
Special Legislative Session April 11, 2000
1. Declared vacancy in Ward 6 council seat following resignation of CM Patricia Romero.
2. Established schedule and conditions for Special Election, in accordance with requirements of Town Charter, to fill Ward 6 council seat.
3. Awarded contract to NZI for Community Development Block Grant street improvement projects on Harrison Avenue and Riverdale Road.
4. Approved closing of Rhode Island Avenue from Queensbury Road to Riverdale Road on April 16 from noon to 5:00 p.m. during Arts Festival.
5. Approved Defined Benefit Pension Plan effective April 17, 2000.
Special Legislative Session April 13, 2000
1. Approved amendment to Defined Contribution Pension Plan (which was effective on July 1, 1993).
2. Approved amendment to Defined Benefit Pension Plan (to become effective on April 17, 2000).
3. Approved Defined Benefit Pension Plan Trust Agreement.
This page was last changed on Thursday, May 4, 2000. Questions, comments, or submissions? See the Website Committee web page. This page has been accessed times.